Monday, July 1, 2013

Non posso, non ho le prove...

"I can't, I have rehearsal..."

That's right, I actually DID come over the ocean to work!! The last few days have been filled with rehearsals, planning for classes, and going to the beach. Okay, maybe that last part isn't quite rehearsal. Nonetheless! The end of last week was full of cutting and rehearsing Shakespeare, choreographing and rehearsing fights, and lots of sweaty work. Here is Ron and Joseph working hard in the noon day sun.


Luckily, after working in the strong Italian sun, our days often end with tasty vittles like this:


Work in Italy is not all work, of course. We intersperse our day with tasty foods and trips to places like Mercato Centrale.



I also spend quite a bit of time scouting out an Italian leather jacket.


But still, the two most exciting things from the past few days were rolled together: Dani (my German sister) came in tho town to visit and we went to the beach! I haven't seen Dani since my freshmen year of college...and while I don't have a picture of her (they're on her camera, I think)...I do have a picture of the beach!


It was a lovely Italian beach, but at the end of the unseasonably windy (i.e. chilly) day, I was ready to head back to the city to prepare for Shakespeare camp.

That brings us to today...the start of FESTA Shakespeare camp! We've got a great group of kids, and a great group of instructors. I'm sure you'll hear more about them all as the week hours on, but for now...wine waits and cherries beckon. Arivvaderci!!

No comments:

Post a Comment